Many of you are aware of the library I have amassed over the years. Three years ago, when I moved, I actually cut it down significantly. That being said, I have built it back up to its former glory and dread the day when I will inevitably have to move and be forced to box it all up.
All. Five. Bookcases.
You may think, with a library of the size I have, that I will just buy any book that catches my eye. That couldn’t be farther from the truth. I actually go through a multi-step process each time I think I want to buy a book.
- If the title is interesting I pick it up
- If the cover is interesting I turn it over
- If the blurb on the back cover/inner flap is interesting to me I read the first page
- If the first page hooks me then I will find a corner somewhere and read the first chapter
- If, and only if, I like the first chapter enough that I want to read the second, I buy the book
You’d think, with this rigorous filtering process, that I wouldn’t have so many books, but what can I say? They call to me.
Bye for now!